Monday, June 20, 2011

(Almost) Sleepless in Korea

We had a very smooth 14 hr flight to Seoul.  I got a few hours sleep on the flight and Dana stayed awake watching movies & playing video games.  What a happy feeling to finally arrive at our destination!  Before we got on the flight I said, "I'd love to sit next to someone who speaks Korean and English so that I can ask questions & get help with some phrases I want to be able to say".  Sure enough, I sat next to a girl flying home to her family who attends school at Cornell in NY.  She was so sweet & so happy to hear the story of our adventure.  She also LOVED seeing all the pictures of Ty on my camera.

We were thankful to see our checked bags arrive on the belt.  We then got our money exchanged, rented a cell phone & caught a taxi to our hotel.  We're staying in a beautiful place equipped with a little kitchen, which has already come in handy.  The front desk directed us to a great food store VERY closeby where we picked up a few items for breakfast the next day.  That store is going to be very convenient when we need to get baby food and snacks for Mia. 

When we returned to our room we called home and had a wonderful 10min. of Skype with Ty and Grammie.  He tried to feed us some pretend snacks through the computer.  We were all smiles.  What a blessing to see him doing so well.

Dana fell asleep no problem around 9:30pm.  I woke up at 10, 11, 12, 1... with so many thoughts running through my head.  I finally decided at 1:45a.m. that I just needed to get up and check email, update the blog and start my list of questions to ask Mia's foster mom when we go for our visit.  It turns out that we don't know yet when our appt is to see Mia and the foster family.  We have to call the adoption agency here, when they open at 8a.m to see if a time has been determined.  Lord willing, we will get to see that little face on Tues.

Thank you again for all of your loving thoughts and prayers for us.  We'll keep you updated as we are able!

No comments:

Post a Comment