Sunday, June 12, 2011

"You can go get your daughter!"

Those are the long-awaited words I heard from our social worker on Friday, June 10th.  (I was at BabyGap buying something for little Mia at that moment.  I almost shared my news with my cashier but decided to keep it to myself.  She knew it was a good phonecall, nonetheless.)  I held Ty a few moments later and said, "Guess what, Buddy?  I just got a wonderful phonecall ... it's time to go get Mia!"  He wasn't overly excited, or anything, but could tell Mommy was happy about it (and a little teary-eyed)!  


It's so encouraging to see the Lord's hand in the details of our trip, already.  We'd been planning to do a "dry-run" weekend, where Dana's mom would stay/sleep at our house for a 24hr period, and THIS was the weekend we were gonna do it.  The timing could not have been better, because we might be leaving NEXT weekend!  Ty had a great Fri. night and Saturday with Grammie, and the Lord gave us all the reasurrance that He is going to provide for ALL of us while Dana and I are in Korea - and beyond!


We want to leave as soon as possible, and we're now waiting to hear whether we're confirmed on a flight that leaves on Father's Day and return that Fri.  We'll know more in the next couple days.  This is gonna be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!! So awesome. You should have shared the news with cashier they would have been happy for you ;0) wonder who it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! We are all excited to meet little Miss Mia also!! God is great and I know that He will bring you all home safely!! We are praying for you all. How exciting that you get to go on Father's Day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete